melbourne to gold coast via hume highwaymelbourne to gold coast via hume highway

We settled for lunch in the Central Coffs plaza and after a little look around we drove to our accommodation for the night. There are 6 ways to get from Hume Highway Reserve, Hume Hwy to Gold Coast by train, plane, tram, bus or car. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-109307805', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sydney anymore. If you havent heard, the Hume Highway is notorious for wild life after dark, particularly dusk and dawn. Its almost entirely a motorway between Sydney and Melbourne, making it a really straightforward drive. The modern apartments at 5 Knots Metung are self-contained but feel more boutique than some of the towns other options. Its 17hrs Mel to the GC. Make sure you check road conditions After passing along the edge of the (soon to be renamed) Ben Boyd National Park, youll hit the first of the coastal towns, Eden. While next to the monument theres a cafe and trinket shop for more souvenirs. I would drive GC to Maitland, or if you have some energy left, Gosford, on Day 1, to Albury on Day 2, and get to Melbourne on Day 3. After that, there are several 24 hour petrol stations on the Hume Highway itself. You can also try a different route while coming back by adding multiple destinations. Hume Highway, inclusive of the sections now known as Hume Freeway and Hume Motorway, is one of Australia's major inter-city national highways, running for 840 kilometres (520 mi) between Melbourne in the southwest and Sydney in the northeast. The roads are OK, and there should be less traffic. GitHub export from English Wikipedia. Do you want a map that gives you the probable stopping points and halfway point of your journey? FAQ => How do I get from Brisbane to the Gold Coast? A couple of the key attractions, in addition to the famous Murray River, include the Murray Art Museum (MAMA), Monument Hill, Albury Railway Station, Lake Hume and the Hume Dam. Ive got more details in my story about things to do in Jervis Bay. Approximately 1000 kms, about 12 hours. Make sure you check road conditions to double check the weather. Its not a bad drive, although after hours in the car, the roadworks in northern NSW might get to you. We first went to the foreshore and walked along, viewing the sculptures that were spread about. Don't go through Sydney. Amaroo Road (east) - to City via Hume Freeway (M31 south) 3.5: 2.2: Craigieburn Road West . If you are taking young kids, don't try and do it in two days: you might get six or seven hours driving a day in at most. Car parking spaces are located near the viewing platforms. So, with all of that introduction out of the way, lets get into the details of this Melbourne to Sydney drive itinerary! It's technically quicker to go from Melbourne to GC via Sydney but you can lose any savings simply because Sydney can be shit. Earlier this year, at the start of March, we drove from Melbourne to the Gold Coast. He has been a journalist for more than 20 years and loves exploring different parts of Australia. I think this itinerary offers a lovely mix of bush and beach, with national parks, wildlife experiences, and some heritage. But I also think its got a fantastic amount of diversity big cities and small towns, the beach and the bush, relaxation and adventure, nature and culture. Along with it, estimate your trip cost with our. We will be driving Melbourne to Gold Coast late October. Leave Melbourne at 2-3am. Two lanes might be enough to keep the traffic moving, but get a moron who insists on cruising in the right lane without overtaking and the drive becomes a little testing. If you are limited for time or just aren't interested in seeing anything along the way, then the Hume highway is the best option. Disclaimer: links in this post are an affiliate. That takes about ten hours of driving but its not particularly scenic. Fishing and boating are some of the most popular activities and a local company in Metung called Riviera Nautic offers a couple of options, including a leisurely cruise around the lakes. You can do it in a day if you leave super early, but make sure you get your timings right to skip peak hour in Sydney. The first option is Berry, an inland town full of heritage buildings and quaint stores and cafes. Port Macquarie (5 answers) The Victorian gold rush in the 1850s caused businesses to flourish on Sydney Road. Best to go up the Newell. MELBOURNE TO SYDNEY: Via The Hume Highway (31) The road between Melbourne and Sydney travels for much of the way along the Great Dividing Range. In terms of intercity drives, the Hume Highway is the easiest one in Australia. Two very solid days of driving. Police on Wednesday arrested a 37-year-old truck driver from Wirlinga. The road driving distance between Melbourne to Gold Coast via hume highway, Melbourne is 2922 Km. Continue onto Hume Highway, M31 0h3mn. Tasman Highway Best Places To Stop Between Launceston and Hobart, Bruce Highway Best Places To Stop Between Townsville and Brisbane. According to Google maps, it is 1.5 hours quicker to go via the Hume to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Approximately 850 kms, about 8 hours. Now, though, there are less than 20 permanent residents. It was extremely hot and humid so we didnt last long. Map from Melbourne to New York , United States, Map from Melbourne to Canberra via Albury NSW 2640, Map from Melbourne to Canberra via Albury New South Wales, Map from Melbourne to Canberra via Orbost. Something like 2, 12 hour days if you factor in breaks. Thanks all for the feedback, I'm really looking forward to the trip. Youll see signs to let you know they are in the area so slow down and avoid any hefty fines. I know Moree is a long day but last year we got to Port Macquarie Day 1 and the distance is about the same.Planning on leaving about 4am, should be at Moree by 5-6pm. There isnt a lot to see along this next section of the Hume Highway down to Melbourne without a significant detour, so Glenrowan makes for a good little detour off the highway to get out and stretch the legs for a bit before continuing on to the city. The charming decor of Anchors Aweigh sets the scene for this quirky guesthouse where youll instantly feel right at home. Cities Distance; Melbourne to Newell Highway Route via Newell Highway, Gunnedah. What is the return distance between Melbourne to Gold Coast via hume highway, Melbourne? Favorites hikes and activities along the Gold Coast. The mighty Hume Highway has long been the main connection point for Australias two largest cities, Melbourne and Sydney. I ended up booking a house on Stayz, which is really quite risky as you pay the host directly. Contribute to chinapedia/wikipedia.en development by creating an account on GitHub. Don't go via Tambourine Mountain Road into the Gold Coast if you can possibly avoid it, no mountain driving in Victoria will prepare you for that and you will wish you never did so. As the primary connection between Australia's two biggest cities, the Hume is well-used by travellers journeying between Melbourne and Sydney. And, just before you get to Narooma, hop out at Tilba Tilba to explore this gorgeous heritage town. I'm moving to the GC and taking my car and everything with me. (Although new trains are coming in 2023, which look much better!). Answer 1 of 11: Moving up to the Gold Coast from Melbourne at the end of June. Otherwise, there are these options near the parks entrance. and answers related to Gold Coast. That wraps up my picks for the best places to stop along the Hume Highway between Sydney and Melbourne. Moree is a very long way to drive in one day, and IMHO it is a bit of a hole. The seals are really playful and this is a wonderful experience. Just keep in mind that the Big Merino gift shop operates in more traditional business hours so if youre on the road early you might need to save this one for the trip back. I would recommend a tour into Long Gully Extended Gold Mine, to get a sense of what it would have been like for the workers. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Three Sisters (4 mentions) Accomodation in the hinterland in dark driveways? If you stay at Narrabri and you are hungry I, surprisingly, recommend On Lee Chinese Seafood Restaurant. You can also find some cool day trips or get away for a weekend. Want to take two days. Alot of people will do this as a day trip from Melbourne though if travelling to Sydney there is . For a one week stay, each couple paid aus$700 and we had the added bonus of a large living space, private pool and a kitchen to prepare meals. Alternatively, flights from Melbourne to Canberra take an hour. And at Glenrowan and several stations roughly 80-150km out of Melbourne. Goodluck! Todays destination is Walhalla, an old gold mining town that was one of the richest places in Australia in the late 1880s. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. 15 years ago, in December, I loaded up a Holden Commodore with the spouse, 2 young daughters and then 75 year old dad and meandered North along the Hume Highway from Melbourne to Sydney & onwards to Brisbane via the Princes Hwy. Thank you for supporting us. The back was on the waterfront with a beach area and jetty part of the property. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The front was located at the end of the street. Report inappropriate content Beach8um Bald Knob, Australia Destination Expert Pacific Fair - Discount Theme Park Tickets - Anyone know. . Youll be amazed at how many water birds youll be able to get close to. The main attraction here is Old Gippstown, a recreation of Gippsland in the 1850s. Although the Wave Oasis B&B is set up like a guesthouse, each small apartment is self-contained and feels quiet and private. I was in charge of finding accommodation for everyone. Although, if you are going to hit Pennant Hills Road and you are anywhere near peak hour you might want to stop before you get to Sydney. Right in the centre of Huskisson, the Jervis Bay Motel has modern comfortable rooms with easy access to restaurants. At Marulan, Gundagai, Yass in NSW. We simply viewed The Big Banana and walked through the middle of it, which Fletcher thought was pretty cool. Its relatively steep but manageable for most people and only takes about an hour from the closest car park. stay for about 1 hour and leave at 5:02 pmdrive for about 2 hours, 6:55 pm Yass Dooragan National Park is about 40 km from Port Macquarie. })(document, 'script', '//aff.bstatic.com/static/affiliate_base/js/flexiproduct.js');
. Heres what to expect from driving Melbourne to Sydney. It has glistening white beaches, high cliffs, and crystal clear water for swimming. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. If you'd like to make a scenic slow tour of it go the Princes Highway over three days and two nights. Jump down to a particular day - or keep reading for my complete Melbourne to Sydney itinerary. These roadside toilet stops were frequent in many areas. Michael Turtle is the founder of Travel Australia Today and has been a journalist for 20 years. Unless you plan to stay longer (which would be great), I suggest you spend your time seeing a few different aspects of Croajingalong National Park. s.async = true;
Some towns have fuel stations that you will find without getting lost or diverted too far. You can also climb to the top of the Merino and look out its eyes. 1 - Coastal route (Pacific Highway) via Port Macquarie and Sydney. Its along this stretch of coast that youll find most of Queenslands natural wonders, plus the scenery between them is beautiful. Sure, you can tackle the 840km, nine-hour drive in one day, but . That goes into M2 and then into the tunnel and M1. The journey time between Melbourne and Queensland is around 26h 21m and covers a distance of around 1926 km. Melbourne to Sydney Coastal Drive Overview 1380 km/857 miles, about 18 hours Hit the road and experience the beauty of the coastline between Melbourne and Sydney first hand. Start at 4:30 to 5am, 2 drivers, overnight in Gilgandra. travelers and answer their questions about Melbourne! Dubbo is about half way, and still quite a drive to fit in one day with adequate fuel and rest stops. I only looked at listings with plenty of feedback and made sure to communicate with the host. Two days solid days isnt too hard. The road driving distance between Melbourne to Gold Coast via hume highway, Melbourne is 2922 Km. I think you should go up the pacific hwy at least once and see what the difference in travel time is compared to the newell. I recommend sticking to the main highways and roads as its easier when driving long distances. Its one of the most interesting natural locations in Australia but, for some reason, gets a limited number of tourists. We also took some smaller country roads which are difficult to drive on and stay alert. We filled up just out of Melbourne and that got us to Sydney easy with a long range fuel tank. Restaurants reservations by destination. Also, make sure you check out the travel tools that I use the most to help you save some money when booking your next trip. The cosy rooms at Prom Coast Apartments come with a full kitchenette and are only a few minutes from the beach. From here, the scenic drive oscillates between the coast and the bush, giving you great views of the landscapes. Making it one of the more interesting stops along the way. I hope you can see why these are my suggested stops between Melbourne and Sydney, because I think each has its own special reasons to visit. Distance from Melbourne to Gold Coast via Newell Highway, Gunnedah! Melbourne, the capital of Victoria, and the Gold Coast in southern Queensland, are 1076 miles (1733 km) apart, but it's quite easy to travel between them. you can get answers personalized for your tastes, budgets, The routes we took. And that brings us to the end of the itinerary for this Melbourne to Sydney drive along the coast. The Surf Beach Narooma Holiday Park is comfortable and basic, but its got an incredible location right on the beach. Alternative is to take Hume/Pacific and turn off just south of Coffs onto the Orara Way. If you choose to do the Newel Highway over two days stay at Dubbo or Narrabri. Our next stop was a coffee break in Holbrook, where we saw the HMAS Otway Submarine. As well as plenty of places to pick up Ned Kelly souvenirs. I'd consider doing it over 2 nights, three days but it all comes down to how you feel on long drives. 24 mins), (7 hrs Back on the road we passed the dog on the tuckerbox in Gundagai and drove through Glenrowan, sighting the large Ned Kelly Statue. My job used to be to write down the name of each creek we crossed over. I would recommend a coffee or lunch at theFozigobble Cafe,which has organic food and a lovely garden at the front. Whilst we were there, a wedding party was having professional photos taken against the lovely backdrop. Following the coast between the two-state capitals, the Pacific Highway (M1/A1 route) is not only the quickest way to drive between Brisbane and Sydney but arguably the more scenic option as well. Dish at Parkes is definitely worth a visit. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Or, if you want to get a bit more driving in before you stop, then Thirroul is a excellent option for a stop. The shortest way to drive from Melbourne to Sydney is up the Hume Highway through Albury and Goulburn. I could barely see the road and opted to pull over till day light. It also passes through the Murray River towns of Albury and Wodonga developed when paddlesteamer trade along the river was the only way of marketing the bounties of the riverland soils. What are fun things to do with a family on Australia's Gold Coast? It wont feel like youre going any faster, but the clock will notice overall. We've done this trip a few times over the years. The Bean Scene has great coffee, or you can pick up some supplies at Stellas Pantry. Canberra was chosen as Australia's national capital to stop Sydney and Melbourne fighting over the title. There are 8 ways to get from Gold Coast to Dubbo by plane, train, bus or car Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. There are a few different routes you could take to get between Melbourne and Sydney. Because of that, we normally take the Newel Highway. If you figure that you are probably going to have a 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute pee breaks, at a minimum you're up to 10 hours of driving at an absolute minimum.

Do Paraprofessionals Change Diapers, Claire Winter Kislinger Wedding, Articles M

melbourne to gold coast via hume highway

melbourne to gold coast via hume highway