maura murray crash sitemaura murray crash site

More stories and more cases to come. Also Why are you so sure there was a smoker? Maura Murray's family is anxiously waiting to hear back from New Hampshire State Police about human bone fragments found recently on Loon Mountain. Then she would put the rag in the tailpipe and there might be traces of corn starch/talcum powder on the rag. Authorities said the car doors were locked. However, she did not appear to be physically injured. A cop and bus driver. I guess she could have just thrown it away. On Feb. 9, 2004, the UMass nursing student's car was found crashed on Route 112 in North Haverhill, New Hampshire. There is one person who is always left out of the discussion and its neighbor Rick Forcier. This is the plot of Rust Creek, which is currently in Netflixs top 10 of streaming content. There was one other thing that I wanted to bring up. the 21-year-old crashed her car. How is she going to get there after the accident without a car? I think we all like to think we are great detectives and that we can solve these type of cases. The red light seen by Mr Westman? Maura called this number previously from her cell phone. Creepy Catalog is owned by the Thought and Expression Company, a small, independent media company. Its scary how you can be accused so quickly in our world. Boston 25 News facebook feed(Opens a new window), Boston 25 News twitter feed(Opens a new window), Boston 25 News youtube feed(Opens a new window), School administrators: Create a closings account, Family of missing UMass Amherst Student Maura Murray seeks permanent marker, Town-by-town totals: These Mass. Maura Murray was born May 4, 1982 in eastern Massachusetts. In an interview with WCVB, Murray said the police were initially on the scene for fewer than two hours. She was completing her junior year at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst at the time of her disappearance. Incredibly dark and very very hilly which can slow speeds way down and result in time loss (45 min). He believes, however, that Mrs. Westman would have seen Maura traveling west had she done so. The Lead-Up To Maura Murray's Trip . It was a wake-up moment. My name is Julie Fidler. All these years later, Mauras family is still pushing New Hampshire investigators to keep the case open, and they wont let a felled tree slow them down. That makes me think those bags were in her car for days, months or even during her winter vacation from college. You also brought up a great point when you wrote. That turn off is well south of the Kanc and would have been a faster more direct rte to VT for her esp driving a car with issues. November 10, 2021, 4:09 PM ET Missing Persons 'Heart Is Heavy': Bones Found Near Maura Murray Crash Site Are Not Missing College Student, Family Says "My heart is heavy upon learning that these remains do not belong to my little sister," Julie Murray, sister of the missing Maura Murray said. Missing person. Maura then crashes her car. Maybe she was following someone infront of her on her way to where she was going . Her whereabouts remain unknown. Fifteen years after 21-year-old Maura Murray disappeared following a car crash in rural New Hampshire, her father believes newly gathered information will lead to her remains. On Feb. 9, 2004, University of Massachusetts student Maura Murray crashed her car on Route 112, an icy road in Haverhill, New Hampshire. Guy said she "clipped the corner" of a snowbank, which likely turned the car around and sent it into the ditch. She has to have the accident at which time the airbags would explode and her hands would be covered in corn starch/talcum powder. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The irony is that such a complicated run away plan makes me think she was kidnapped and murdered. Didnt a witness say several cars pass by none of those cars saw anything? Do you believe she ran away or was murdered? Supposedly he sees a woman in the car but cannot make out her face over the airbags. There would surely have been reception there? This is why I constantly go between her being kidnapped/murdered and running away. In that case, she would not have used a land line (e.g., a hotel phone) to call them. Earlier in the day, State Police and the FBI searched a home on Route 112 near where Maura Murray crashed her car and disappeared in 2004. If it was only an hr she would still have quite a bit of gas. I archived two pages on the http://maura_alive.neocities.org/ website because I was too lazy to make a brand-new website. A missing person poster of Maura Murray hangs in the lobby of the police station in Haverhill, N.H., Feb. 4, 2014. Did they ever link that find to the case one way or another. Its fairley close to this scenerio, w/ a few differences. Does any of this information alter your perceptions of the case? About this Author Carol Robidoux Publisher Manchester Ink Link When the police call in her vehicle registration, they reach her parents who have no idea why Sawyer was in that area. Perhaps, like in Rust Creek a local spotted a girl alone on the side of the road and pulled over to offer help while actually having evil intentions. Say that was her is that where she filled up on gas or nearby. I presume Lincoln would have had service in 2004? Maura Murray case. Therefore she had to be within 22 miles of that tower for her phone to ping off it. Or as you have pointed out, why take a cell phone charger if you do not plan on using the phone? As reported by MamaMia, Murray had a troubled past, and some people believe she orchestrated her own disappearance possibly with the help of her father. Late that night, and early the following morning, Murray performed several internet searches and made a number of phone calls that may have been relevant to her disappearance. Julie Murray is leading a campaign for the State of New Hampshire to place a permanent marker at the spot. planet fitness discount code. This post examines the 2004 disappearance of Maura Murray, a 21-year old nursing student from Hanson, Massachusetts. Maura Murray's Crash Site 4 Replies Here is a compilation of photos from throughout the years that I was involved with the case. Jim Cole/AP, FILE Fifteen years after she vanished, a new search in the Maura . In fact, I lost it well before I got there. She was a nursing student completing her junior year at the University of Massachusetts Amherst at the time of her disappearance. (LogOut/ If Maura were running away all she would have to do would be to drive her car somewhere in the White Mountains and leave it. Wasnt there a full tank of gas and a witness that said she saw maura and two friends an hr before the accident. Maybe someone picked her up, then drove her a distance before murdering her? i study missing persons cases since someone in my family had a near miss. I think she would be checking her phone to see if he called. Murray disappeared after crashing her car on Route 112 in North Haverhill Feb. 9, 2004. Shortly after the accident on February 9, a witness claimed to have seen Maura walking several miles from the crash site. For more information about efforts to place a permanent marker for Maura Murray, visit the official Maura Murray website by clicking here. I was basically testing the way Google indexes pages. Someday, James the truth will be had and your career will be DONE!!!!! As reported by Maura Murray is Missing, Murray packed a small bag, which contained some clothing, makeup, school books, and toiletries, and left the campus. The Murray family, and some residents near the crime scene, have criticized local authorities for their failure to thoroughly investigate Maura's disappearance. 21-year-old Maura Murray disappeared on the evening of February 9, 2004, after a car crash on the junction of Route 112 and Route 116, near Easton, New Hampshire. Could Maura have been actually heading west, away from Bartlett? He went on to accuse Republicans in Ohio for sex crimes his grandfather committed against his mother and her siblings. But the physics of an accident or how wine spills is so hard to determine with any certainty. The Disappearance Of Maura Murray's finale episode revealed that traces of human blood were found at an A-frame house near the crash site. Mr. Westman, shaking out a rug in his front lawn, was nice enough to answer some of my questions about his observations of the crash. They approach the crashed vehicle, but curiously, the young woman who was reportedly driving it is not there. The Terrifying Car Crash That Inspired a . Signing up helps us (not Zuckerberg) stay in direct contact with you and create the best horror website possible. Then one night in 2004 she crashed a car and was never seen again. Press J to jump to the feed. Hi Eric. Here is a clip fron Ledyards favorite movie. It makes a lot of sense too. I agree. As reported by Christopher Peak, Guy also said "everything about the accident scene was weird.". Heres my question: Isnt it possible that, as Maura Murray had Sprint as her service provider..that upon reviewing her phone records, Landry noted a callfrom a numberwhich he was attempting to trace. Blame George Bush. Loser.. The crash happened further down Route . She did not call numbers for hotel rooms on the way to New Hampshire. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Almost 20 years later, Murray's case has turned cold, and her disappearance continues to be a mystery. If she were planning on disappearing I am sure her dad probably would have given police the license plate number to be on the look out for. There were not any footprints in the snow despite all the searchers. She had to have wondered whether Fred would be calling (to discuss the forms) or Billy (to call her back). I destroyed this James Leone with big bushy spray on beard. "I'm hoping something shakes loose this year," said her older sister, Julie. I recently checked the car photos and it looks like there is damage on the passenger side of the car so maybe she slammed into the snow bank first going around the curve and it would explain wine stains on the passenger side door. WCVB reports she ended up crashing the car into a guardrail, which caused an estimated $8,000 in damage. weaving patterns for beginners. So much speculation has run amuck, that fiction is over shadowing fact. 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) [1] Website. Maura could have paid for a bus ticket in cash, hopped on a bus for Boston, got off never to be see again. Her 1996 Saturn was found abandoned off Route 112 at approximately 7:30 pm on that cold February evening. Her guard lowered from booze and the fear of a DUI, a creep who does this got freebie. It could be a lie that he even talked to Maura Murray but that is why the AAA card is so important. I think the cop that was at the scene and went searching for her did it. Meanwhile, Sawyer is hunted by criminals who are worried she has stumbled across their meth cooking operation and will turn them in unless she is killed. If the second version is the way it happened, the car would hit in the ditch and bounce or deflect from the angle of impact and be facing west. Just to add a little to your post, if maura was really interested in calling AAA but had no luck due to no service then why wouldnt she bring the card with her in order to call later when she found cell service. Maybe she hit the ditch and then backed the car up to that position(facing west) to get out of the ditch. At about 7:30 p.m., Maura was involved in a single-car crash on a remote stretch of highway in Haverhill, NH. It is the very mission that organically developed from our show, Missing Maura Murray. Maura murray found 14 years later. i have returned to Mauras story many times, to see if there are further developments. Maura Murray is Missing reports he attempted to call the police, but he did not have any cell phone coverage. Maura refused, and told him she had already called AAA. Nor did she attempt to contact any of her family or friends in the 17 years since she went missing. I traveled all the way up rt 91 today from mass to the exit maura was said to have taken (Wells river) and a couple things came to mind. On the other hand, her father told her the car was smoking and she would get pulled over in a heartbeat by the police, so why would she start drinking before she reaches her destination? The wine box supports this since if you believe the Disappeared program it was found behind the drivers seat of the car. However, she did not appear to be physically injured. What the hell!! Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. All this talk of wine stains, witnesses or helpers, rags in the tailpipe would be completely irrelevant. For years, the family of Maura . Maura crashed her car into trees and a snowbank 140 miles away from her university, on Route 112, which leads to the White Mountain National Forest. Maybe running away is not running away if people think you are dead. Car would still be on campus and I think it would be at least 3 days before anyone starts looking. I was always a reader of Renners books, being from Cleveland. If the stains were on the drivers side door that would make sense. The road looks so desolate. I do not think I am any closer to solving it than I was when I first started looking at it. Sign up forOxygen Insiderfor all the best true crime content. For the first time I realized my own mortality.. 2013 (all pictures taken by me) 2019 (video by me) Maura Murray 2019 Share Watch on 2019 (all pictures taken by me) My profile pic 2020 (all pictures taken by me) Fifteen years after 21-year-old Maura Murray disappeared following a car crash in rural New Hampshire, her father believes newly gathered information will lead to her remains. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. However, they later determined she struck a snowbank instead of a tree. I can only come up with one wild explanation for why a person might run away in this manner. Therefore, it was not the phone of Maura that pinged; it was the phone of the mystery caller. I think the answer most people will probably give you is that in the chaos after the accident she simply forgot to take the AAA card with her. That is not the case. During a police interview, Murray admitted finding the card numbers on discarded receipts and using them to order food from local pizzerias. The sad thing about this case is that there are other individuals who have disappeared and not been heard from again, but does that mean they all came up with brilliant plans or is it that they really have disappeared because they are dead. I was so angry after reading Crime Addict. Tree marking site where missing UMass student disappeared cut down. Maura Murray is Missing reports police found a box of red wine on the floor in the back seat. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Authorities said Murray drove her black 1996 Saturn to an ATM at approximately 3:15 p.m. and withdrew $280. The driver was a smoker. Massachusetts college student Maura Murray drove to New Hampshire on Feb. 9, 2004, crashed her car and disappeared. He told authorities that Murray seemed to be somewhat disoriented. If the stains were on the passenger side door I would be a little more puzzled. Maybe Maura Murray turned off her phone on the way to New Hampshire. It is only lead we have. if she werent a ferocious fighter, she wouldnt be with us today. Murray was sentenced to probation with the charges to be dismissed upon completion, according to Family Lawyer New Hampshire. You can go on and on and on about this case, but what I would like to read are all the witness statements of Maura Murray at the crash site, particularly about one important question I would have for all the witnesses. Maura was not a smoker. Spontaneous? My only bitch is, a lot of things I read, are questionable leads, quoates, and forgive me, but 1/2 is BS. Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 after crashing her car in New Hampshire. As an amateur you can only think that police would already have asked many of these same questions which is why I think it is a kidnapping/murder. (after the divorce) lived with her mother Laurie Murray in Hanson. Maybe that was why Maura did not make any more phone calls after 4:37 pm, something I always found a little odd. Think about it, no reception on her phone, who would also know that? It has to do with Maura phoning anyone for help. In fact I lost it well before I got there.. I am impressed by the amount of intelligent people that have looked at Maura Murrays case. and they run behind schedule. Other than the cell phone use, I think everything else can be explained and points to this probably being a kidnapping/murder case. My heart is heavy upon learning that these remains do not belong to my little sister, Mauras sister Julie Murray said in a statement. Maura was a stand out student-athlete from Hanson, MA enrolled in the nursing program as a junior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. People have long theorized that Maura Murray's disappearance may have been a crime of opportunity caused by a fluke encounter with someone after she had a car accident in rural New Hampshire. Could it be they were traveling with her and when they saw she wasnt behind they waited and when she didnt come they went to see what was happening. I will put out there that I think Maura Murray was kidnapped and murdered. The films producer, Stu Pollard, had a back country close call of his own. As many years as Ive been following this case, its amazing that videos from different angles can still pop up, and be useful, as yours is. Maybe I just did not read about this point in news reports, but did Maura Murrays Saturn have an interior light that worked? Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. Later that same evening, Murray was working her job at a campus reception desk when she became visibly distressed. He went off on so many tangents in this book it was like being ibpn the back seat with a drunk driver. I have never heard this mentioned. If a woman leaves a voicemail for a man she loves, I think if she went on a trip she would do something that would probably be habit like taking your keys with you when you get out of the car. Wouldnt it have made more sense if she had a helper to not write a family emergency email and leave her car on campus so people think she is there? why cant there be two people in the car a smoker and a non smoker? That was smart to look at possible ways to leave the scene since one of my questions is how could she have walked past the houses without being seen. It belonged to his brother, Claude, who lived in an A-frame house roughly mile from the crash site. This is just hypothetically if she ran away. One of the most mysterious cases of the last few decades is that of Maura Murray, a vivacious college student who suddenly emailed her professors about a non-existent family emergency, googled directions to a rental condominium in Vermont, and then disappeared forever after having a minor car accident in New Hampshire. Julie Murray is organizing this fundraiser. He went on and on about his sons psychological disorders. It's in her phone records, specifically in January 2004. Maura Murrays case will always be hard to solve without access to the actual evidence. Posted on June 7, 2022June 7, 2022 by jamesrenner. Murray's sister later confirmed there was nothing wrong with her on that particular evening. According to so many people she has all these problems in her life, but does not make a call for nearly 3 hours. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more. MamaMia reports her supervisor asked her what was wrong, and she simply replied, "my sister." Medical Conditions Brianna was taking medication for migraine headaches at the time of her disappearance. NBC Universal, Inc. Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 after crashing her car in New Hampshire. She used her phone to call her boyfriend after maybe she got free out of the car nude, shivering and whimpering, and he found her and killed her? But then I would expect most of her stuff would be in the foot wells of the car and not on the seats. I think we should organize a private search party this spring and see what we can find, its been over a decade but you never know what you will find. Could she of put the rag in the tailpipe as a sign to her dad that shes OK and shes on to her next move? I was thinking- Why would anyone drive a road like this especially at night without a destination planned /reserved? They did not find any evidence in connection with the . Arent there cameras at border crossings? New Hampshire authorities last week searched two areas in the state near where Maura was last seen in February 2004, after she left her Massachusetts dorm room, emailed professors about a. The disappearance of Maura Murray occurred on the evening of February 9, 2004. At the time, it may have seemed like a fun adventure for Maura, but when she met harm along the way there was surely a moment of panic when she realized no one knew where she was going or where to look for her. At the accident scene the bus driver said she was the only one at the scene. You must stop me by saying everything is good. I could not find anything indicating she took a back pack with her when she left the saturn. Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. James Renner copied KingCasts purported account of Landrys affidavit. It is what has provoked me into being a PI. In stark contrast, MamaMia reports Murray "was asked to leave" West Point when she was caught stealing makeup from a campus store. She has never been seen or heard from since and her family is desperately seeking answers. What if her plan was to drive to Canada? The police reported to the Murray and the Rausch families around 7:00 PM that it was their opinion that Maura had either ran away or had come to the area to commit suicide. Maura Murray never actually planned to see Dane Cook on February 12th OR her plans after she sent that email did change abruptly. The writer James Renner took some interesting pictures of the car and some of those pictures were of the stains on the door. And that leads to this. Red stains appear to be inside and outside of the car. After creating those pages, I had Google crawl them, and I believe I saved them as archives to see whether Google would crawl those pages as well. Imo I think Maura could of staged her disappearance. Bath, New Hampshire (NH), US Maura Murray, a 21 year-old nursing student at the University of Massachusetts, disappeared on February 9, 2004 after sending out an e-mail to professors and work supervisors that she was taking a week off due to a family emergency. Future news of events, Zoom movie marathons, books, and streaming updates will be delivered first to our newsletter readers. Anyhow, It is a very very long desolate drive before she got to 112 and it is just mind bogeling why anyone would take that journey in a supposedly poor running car. That would make a lot of sense because drunk drivers tend to have problems with depth perception. As stated at Maura Murray is Missing, she attended the United States Military Academy at West Point for just under two years. As you know from covering my sisters case for 17 years, we just get hit with roadblock after roadblock, Murray said. The part that Sam proved was not about the cell service or Mauras statement to the bus driver or the AAA card. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I think there are two versions of this accident. She tells her family that she is going to stay on campus for the Thanksgiving break and she tells her friends she is going home to celebrate with her family. The lack of tangible evidence has led to numerous theories about what actually happened on the night the 21-year-old student went missing. Just wanted to share this with you. She was born. Maybe bi polar. Julie's and Maura's brother, Kurtis, held a virtual candlelight vigil Tuesday at 7: . Admitted to driving in the area and possibly even seeing her running that night after originally denying being in the area at that time. . The number one person i thought murdered her and still do is bus driver. Almost two decades later, family and law enforcement is baffled as to what could have happened to her. There is one thing that maybe can be figured out. However, there has never been conclusive proof connecting her with that crime. After transferring to the University of Massachusetts Amherst to pursue a degree in nursing, Murray started using stolen credit card numbers to make purchases, including food. As reported by WCVB, local resident Jeanne Foley said authorities did not search for Murray "along the roadway during the daylight hours for several days," and she "never saw anyone" search the area in the days following the crash. Could that call have come from KM and TC coming up I- 93 out of Boston in a Red Truck with Massachusetts license plate ? Maura Murray disappeared after a car crash in New Hampshire in 2004 What if the car wreck was merely an accident. 2) The road is so dark at night as there are no highway lights nor towns after White river Junction to illuminate the road and it is pitch black . Story changed from the start. Did something happen to trigger her to leave late? If she was kidnapped and murdered there is not much to talk about. I think things like the crack in the windshield and the wine box she would want to do ahead of time. He had been in his office, with Mrs. Westman, when he heard a crash. Everyone questions his statements including me because he might have been involved in Maura Murrays disappearance. I've decided to take a break from covering the Maura Murray case and the stories of all the ancillary victims at this time. My apologies to all families this has affected, especially the Murrary family.JAS. I drove into a terrible snowstorm in Maryland and realized no one had any idea where I was. Race White. But human remains were recently discovered in. Maybe it was because she was charging her phone? Where in the car did they find it? FOR THE CREEP: Your day is coming. Is it possible that Mauras apparent change in plans, i.e., not driving to Burlington, is explained by her realization that she would not have service there? A name with a full phone number was found inside Maura Murray's car the day after Maura went missing. Almost like they were looking for someone. Maura Murray is Missing reports there was no death in the family, and Murray did not discuss any of her plans with her family or friends. Moments later, another motorist, named Butch Atwood, stopped to see if the driver was injured or needed assistance. The accident is something she could not have predicted. He has done nothing but, drag Mauras Reputation through the mud and torture her poor father. (LogOut/ Even worse, since her family thought she was at school and her friends believed she was taking time off for a family emergency, she knew people would not immediately realize she was missing. That is why the bus driver is so important to the case. KP. Mr. Renner has never even met Maura but, seems to have all the answers about her whereabouts, As well as, what she was thinking or doing that fateful evening.. James Renner, get a life and stop profiting from someone elses lose!! Im not belittling MM. vanished in 2004 do not belong to her, according to her family. Could it be that maura was traveling behind or in front of someone? Inconclusive at best to see a cigarette smoker from that distance would be impressive to say the least. A beautiful, deperate, buzzed prize that needed help. He writes about true crime. As for why she left, maybe she met a guy online or maybe she was involved in something she did not want her family and friends to know about. As reported by MamaMia, Murray was rumored to have been the driver in a hit and run, which injured one of the classmates, three days before she vanished. Supposedly a witness reported a red truck drive by them, slow down and stop at the store and when she stepped into light they left towards the accident. Question: This call had to have been made from within a 22 mile radius of the tower. I even emailed a professor who is an expert in body language to look at the Disappeared program and see if he looks like someone who might be lying. Thanks for posting this, Sam. According to Mauras friend, Liz, Maura would not just up and change her plans. Extensive investigation by local and state law enforcement in the years since have turned up scant information about what may have happened to her. First you have the bus driver. The woman, who was later identified as Murray, told Atwood that she already called roadside assistance. James Renner is a credible journalist and author. Who lived in the A frame house Maura Murray? I never got a response. The FBI ViCAP alert poster of Maura Murray that was issued a week ago. Maura Murray's February 2004 car accident was at the grove of trees on the left, after the curve seen here in July 2019 on Route 112 (Wild Ammonoosuc Road) in North Haverhill, NH (Google street . Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! Its cold and dark during the winter here in Vermont and New Hampshire and it would be easy to get lost if you didnt know your surroundings. In fact, it seems patently obvious that she would have gone that route, assuming, of course, that snow would not have been an obstacle. Probable Cause Affidavit in Bryan Kogbergers case (MoscowMurders).

Cinderella 1997 Box Office, Does Hard Rock Stadium Have A Retractable Roof, Batavia Police Scanner, Articles M

maura murray crash site

maura murray crash site