ffxi drk gear guide 2019ffxi drk gear guide 2019

Gaude1 . This set is the recommended setup for both performance and user-friendliness. You can 4-step (and more), and it will always beat a Liberator if you're geared/have enough buffs to do it consistently; which is most of the time. Meld one Critical You virtually require Warrior leveled at least a little bit, and you have to kill. and Critical Hit replaced with Determination). Really comprehensive guide! Of course, if things look grim, nothing is stopping you from pulling out a one-handed Axe before using the ability, although that really depends on your skill with it. While they have a respectable rating in Elemental Magic, the bulk of their magic usage comes from casting Dark Magic spells. Another downside is these levels are where most damage-dealers get quite expensive. Pretty much only used for Ouryu but absolutely amazing for that fight. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Nasomi Community FFXI Server Board index International Jobs Dark Knight, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests. If possible, time it between switching targets. Seriously, its annoying. Drop down and continue south to H-14. Yes, Flamma +2 boots will come out ahead. Also like Warrior, many are simply not practical for general usage. Example would be 528 delay and 18% haste at 165 dmg is, 528 x 0.18 = 95.04 so 528-95.04=432.96 then 432.96/60=7.216 so 165 dmg every 7.216 seconds is 165/7.216=22.86 damage per second. Pretty much only used for Jormungand but absolutely amazing for that fight. Hit X materia plus one Direct Hit IX with Skill Speed. more than 184 points into each substat for optimum efficiency. The Great Axe gives you access to strong weaponskills; Shield Break, as the first WS you learn, applies -40 evasion to the mob when used (not guaranteed, and based on combat skill level so keep it skilled up) which is one of the largest DPS increases you can possibly have for a party at low levels. I actually have Lycurgos for RUN and I considered building around that but ultimately I ended up doing Dolichenus and Decimation. Anything said here is seriously exaggerated. Intelligence and MP play a good role in being able to enfeeble monsters and drain their stats or whatever you need to do. One cool thing most people don't know about this ability is that with 5/5 you don't need to use Hasso while it's up (because job ability haste caps at 25%) so you can use Seigan+Third Eye for defense. Regardless of your ACC+ ability. Notable Weaponskills: None. Ranger is the sub job of choice before Warrior! CRIT+SKS piece if you wish to run a 2.45 GCD rather than 2.50. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. As a 13+ year career DRK .. this is what I think of all REMAs. High delay means that a missed swing is very detrimental for TP gain, moreso than missing with a lower delay weapon would be. On this page, you will find the best gear and best-in-slot items for your re-allocating stats on the relic to switch between them. threshold with the same substats can be substituted at no loss. so simply using synced CRIT+DET gear with enough CRIT+SkS pieces to reach your Youre going to be sitting there, among 15-20 other damage-dealers, seeking with no luck. Great Swords are at the lower scale of damage over time and has a lower rate of TP gain over time (i.e. This is exceptionally useful for boosting the damage of Souleater, in party play you could Drain II the mob before popping souleater for extra bonus HP% damage. And with their moderate intelligence pool, thats no joke. Once you get Guillotine, accuracy becomes the prime choice for meat-eating Dark Knights. Drain II (62): Drain II acts like drain, but with a twist! It's also very useful as a support job for Red Mage in end-game scenarios with Stun. You do not have the skill ranks that Warrior does to make this viable. The potency of Dread Spikes is based purely on total HP, which means you can macro in as much HP as possible before casting it for maximum total damage absorbed. A poorly-played Dark Knight can just die a whole lot or just be a crippled damage dealer. If x-hit was your focus for armadaberk for TP body, what about embrava set? and our In fact being a 'Knight' class, Dark Knight has access to the heavy armor line (chain mail and plate mail). Caladbolg. 1. Up to date simple DRK gear swap?~ Phoenix.Habar: 17: 1337: 4 years 1 month. The most important part of this set is hitting 300 Dark Magic Skill which caps the damage of your Drain/Drain 2. Weapon Grade: B- As an Elvaan Dark Knight, you will be one of the deadliest of them all. Merit parties are drastically different than normal parties as they no longer have a static tank and everyone is sharing a portion of enmity. it takes longer for a Great Sword to reach 100%+ TP than using a Scythe). And how well exactly does afterglow calad hold up? The choice is up to the player. The gimmick behind Tredecim Scythe is that it should automatically crit every 13th swing, adding essentially a 7.69% crit rate ontop of the weapon. Einherjar adds the two pieces of Valhalla gear, which are great pieces for PDT and tanking sets. Required Total Job Points Spent. Because much higher ilvl gear is required to cap out both substats on Scythes are split into two types: Zaghnal and Scythe. Now, since Dark Knight is about as frail as a Black Mage but with metal armor, I dont suggest you use this after about Lv.15 unless its really necessary. This set is used against mobs you specifically know will use earth spells/abilities, with this set and some buffs like Barstonra/Earth Carol you can reduce the incoming damage to nearly 0. GCDs at the end of uptime phases. This is the #1 utility ability that Drk has access to, you can stun giant -aga spells, pecking flurries, lock a mob down so it doesn't Mijin Gakure or Astral Flow, or just stun to let someone get shadows up. This strategy is used to take down very scary end game monsters in 30 seconds flat like Vrtra, Bahamut, and Dynamis Lord. Some of the upsides to DRK tank are low cooldown stuns, pretty decent offensive output with Drain2/Drain/Dread Spikes, and probably the highest enmity generation capability of any job. the exact pieces used are just examples; any gear above the optimal sync When this works, the scythe will be amazing. These sets are specifically for The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate), the OP guide has them for some but the sets i've seen don't seem to be using them now. Rather than switching to blunt, the solution to skelleys in Sheol C is to have your White Mage toss a Banishga II after the your tank has gathered the mobs and done a tag. Well, it's possible for Dark Knight to solo Neak (half bragging, half just wanting to tell someone because I'm so pumped): Well, it's possible for Dark Knight to solo Neak (half bragging, half just wanting to tell someone because I'm so pumped). It could also evoke memories of that one Dark Knight you partied with that just couldnt control his Souleater usage and constantly killed himself. For more detail 6.3). It's a misconception that Dark Knight has lower defense than warrior. 605. This is such a strong spell and learning to use it correctly is integral to being a useful Dark Knight. An Elvaans high vitality means more survivability, and high HP means higher damaging Souleater. I super appreciate it! menu. No one likes a Dark Knight that sacrifices all damage in order to support, but no one likes a Dark Knight that never supports either, balance is the key to this job. Dark Knight Guide 2022 Dream Ms Guide is not entirely linear in progression, some parts of the lower sections will supplement knowledge of the earlier sections i.e APQ from the Money Making Section will supplement levelling via apple roar from 108-174. With average strength, a Mithras damage is high up there too. Thoughts on this for a defensive hybrid set? You must log in or register to reply here. Nice job on the guide! Hidden effect on apoc is x2 damage not x2.5. In theory this weapon has a lot going for it with tons of passives like an increased Critical Hit Rate, increased Critical Hit Damage, fast swing speed, bonus accuracy, all sorts of things. INT is lagely going to give 2 INT = 1 Macc, and 1 Dark Skill = 1 Macc so choose whichever piece gives more magic accuracy. Pick up a Great Axe (at lv5 and 8) or Great Sword that has some decent damage over time to it. Try to setup Dread Spikes timings, where you can safely drop your shadows and let the mob hit you for a few rounds to take a bunch of damage, or you can save Dread Spikes for scarier parts of the fight when you think Utsusemi might not be enough damage mitigation. Within the scope of FFXI, DRK is a Heavy DD (because of its use of heavy armor and whose primary weapons are two-handed great swords and scythes). Kind of new to DRK, but really enjoying it so far. Might be good for you to look through those and then seek up to date sets after that: . The How-To Guides are user created guides editable by anyone. You can check your stats under an See the Zerging section for more information on this playstyle. . Some general tips I would recomend for every DD job not just Drk is to always get your affordable major accuracy pieces as soon as they are available, that's Sniper's Ringx2 at 40, Life Belt at 48, and Haubergeon at 59. enjoys progging, optimizing, and instructing others on the job, and has It lasts five minutes and can be recast every minute. syncing down, these sets are currently unmodified patch 6.1 savage sets; they This is also true of multihit weaponskills, but far less likely. with CRIT+DET on it. Both the 2.45 and 2.50 sets are recommended and have near-identical A Dark Knight without any Haste equipment and Str/Acc for weapon skill will deal as low as 50% the damage of a fairly well equipped Dark Knight with at least 15% haste in his equipment set. This set replaces five Direct Hit X materia with Skill Speed in order to FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide. These substitutions are shown on the weapon and second ring, respectively, but can At least until Lv.30 and higher, then it becomes a bit more useful. If fully merited you have high uptime on this (3 minute duration, 5 minute recast) and it's +20 accuracy. A single piece of gear can often make up for a race's negligible lack in a stat. Physical Defense Bonus. Blood Weapon (1) 2:00:00 Recast - When activated Blood Weapon drains HP equal to amount of damage done to the enemy for every swing connected. Is it better to use them seperately and take the lower recast? Alternatively, simply replace one Critical Hit with Determination in For every HP drain II returns over your max HP, it will temporarily increase your max HP for 1 minute. "Glass Cannons" is the polar opposite of Paladin. Thank you very much, Quetz, great guide! With fast swinging weapons, many buffs, and against specific mobs, a Dark Knight can achieve unimaginable burst damage with this ability combination in what is commonly called a "zerg". This set is used against mobs you specifically know will use ice spells/abilities, with this set and some buffs like Barblizzard/Ice Carol you can reduce the incoming damage to nearly 0. NEVER go absolutely nuts in a party. multiple early tier clears and top parses under his belt. Oh and I didn't even mention that Catastrophe heals you for a percent of damage done which makes you very hard to kill with this weapon and allows for some very aggressive Souleatering. the exact pieces used are just examples; any gear above the optimal sync This set has a lot of personal expression in it. a tiny bit more HP with a negligible hit to DPS. Since you have high strength too, that just makes it insane. If you have cleared the Dragonsong's Reprise already and have a Your high mind stat will help boost your Guillotines damage when the time comes. However, some other leg wear are better (lv55 ones are great). Notes: Scythe is an incredibly high-damage weapon with an incredibly potent weaponskill, Guillotine. To make up for the lack of Skill Speed on gear, this set replaces ten Direct the Bozjan resistance relic offer customizable substats and can be significant Afterglow relics aren't too expensive anymore either, but it's a fraction of the cost for nearly the same degree of utility. The last- and second-to-last steps of the Bozjan Please note that race is the absolute last thing you should worry about when picking a job. The weapon, hands, feet, earring, neck, and wrist listed must be exact, but It also has a higher damage cap than drain, so you can hit for 400+ damage in max sets. BiS sets do; the damage difference in this case is only about 0.4%. Very expensive and very good, this food pairs super well with Apocalypse when spamming the attack hungry Catastrophe but also does great with Guillotine and basically anything. Shout group ambuscade/dyna/whatever since sakpatas came out. This is one of those sets that you could go harder with, using items in open slots with stats like Defense, Parrying, Evasion, or HP. Great Sword becomes a very appealing choice at lv66 for a Drk due to. For more information, please see our The main piece would be Ares's Cuirass which gives the max amount of STR/Attack a piece an get, good for single hit WSes like Catastrophe or Spinning Slash, and also is a great idle piece with the refresh built into it. ill have it 99 tonight then its browsing through crap ton of gear i have to see what i can use on it lol. Two sets, only piece of JSE being +2 neck: How do other DRKs handle Sheol C mobs that resist slashing? Increases effect duration by 1 second. It reads like a seasoned veteran gently mentoring you. Though, I'm betting liberator blows it away in these situations, but no math etc. You can replace any Direct Hit meld with Skill Speed in any slot that won't I wish I had this guide when I first started. concerned about absolutely maximizing their damage. I have a post of gearsets from 2019 at the following link. This can be used either as an on-demand accuracy boost against mobs with higher evasion (Like a Thief mob in Dynamis) or you can swap out accuracy gear for more offensive options when its up (Like Toreadors Ring into Blitz Ring) either way is good. Offline. Note: All weapons are being discussed for general usage, although I may reference more specific uses (zerging notably); this will be discussed in detail later. is also provided for those who aren't comfortable with very slow speeds, but it You do not have the skill ranks that Warrior does to make this viable. Both the 2.45 and 2.50 sets are recommended and have near-identical performance. The last- and second-to-last steps of the Bozjan resistance relic offer We know that eventually Eden has plans to add Nyzul Isle, Salvage, Einherjar, Zeni NMs, and Dreamland Dynamis at some point. customizable substats and can be significant boosts to your damage. Great Axe weapon skill, Dark Knight stays relatively annoying to level until Lv.30 when you get. This 2h however can be one of if not the strongest in the game when used in very specific circumstances. FINAL Dark Knight is a strange job while leveling, Scythe, the signature weapon, is actually really bad until level 60 and even casting spells is largely a waste of time. So the chances of your eight punches ALL landing on a mob is rare. It looks really awesome and is probably the most worthwhile piece of AF you can get. Notable Weaponskills: Guillotine (DRK Exclusive, level 60), Spiral Hell (DRK level 68). since he started playing during Sigmascape and mentor on the Balance. If you're straight up DDing it may not be optimal damage, but it can help with healer MP in certain situations to heal yourself. This comes at a cost of Your two-hour ability is pretty useless here, even in a problem situation. Starting with your AF boots at Lv.52, the only good thing about them is the Mind stat. Damage output is near-identical to the 2.50 This set loses about 1.5% DPS compared to the 2.50 and 2.45 sets, and is Well, some may argue that if you have spent your gil making a Caladbolg 99 instead of Ragnarok 99 chances are that you aren't intelligent enough to compete with a Borealis/OAT GS DRK. Replacing the Other then that you are actually hurting yourself because you only have 1 useful spell that becomes obsolete if you end up getting silenced anyway. overcap as a result, indicated by red text on the melding screen. For T2 Odin, refer to this page for battle pattern and rewards. This spell also generates very high amounts of Enmity and can be used as a way to get snap hate. E skill means that you will have to stack a full accuracy set and eat food which strongly compliments the weapon type. Also check the general/widget tips. This Torcleaver is a one-hit attack, with a 60% VIT modifier that can actually be geared for, and deals a fair chunk of damage to boot. do -10% PDT on cape instead of -dt you can drop defending ring for another moonlight. Allot no more than 127 points into each substat for When you imagine a 2007 era Dark Knight, it may evoke images of Linkin Park playing in the background while Kraken Clubs are swingin and beating down an innocent Absolute Virtue. You will at least need to have a Haubergeon, a pair of Sniper or Woodsman ring and a life belt by level 60. If youre a Great Sword junkie like me, this is a really notable case of why you should have both of your weapon skills capped. It will then say Additional Effect: 100 HP drained from the Target. It won't actually drain the target's HP, but you will restore your own. that won't overcap on Determination as a result, indicated by red text in the 5. Thanks. The This includes daggers, swords, axes, great swords, great axes and scythes. This playstyle has almost entirely vanished on Eden, as with proper gearing and buffing, even on the hardest mobs you will likely have buffs and be able to just sub Sam or Nin to melee the mob down, which results in far more damage than the spike of SAWS. I want to make it clear that I do not hate Caladbolg or Torcleaver, though I do get mad when Torc decides to miss. CE stands for Cumulative Enmity, this is enmity that doesn't degrade over time and you can only lose by taking damage, hate resetting moves, losing shadows, or being enfeebled. Nice job. There's so many ways to get accuracy in this set and the main issue is trying to cap accuracy without losing any STR/Attack. On the bright side, like most other damage-dealers, you can solo, or do Besieged and Campaign to get some experience. Contents 1 Blackest Dark Knight 2 Job-Race Combinations 2.1 Hume 2.2 Elvaan 2.3 Tarutaru FINAL For those wishing to run 2.50. Bind (20) & Sleep (30): If you have Enfeebling skilled up this can be useful to cast in weird situations, like a mob link or over pull. Take the item to Mighty Fist and then talk to Raibaht. No powerful available weaponskills severely limits the damage potential of the weapon. Tredecim Scythe - This scythe is bad..currently. On Eden, Dark Knight finds a home as a heavy DPS job that brings moderate amounts of support to the party with things like stun and enhancing the effect of chaos roll. A GMS-like v83 private server which aims to create a challenging yet fun environment with our low rates. Some Dark Knights favour Scythe, some favour Great Sword; each has their own advantages and disadvantages and both are very capable. Does anyone have a set for these club WS's? One thing is true though, no matter what you dont forget the Dark Knights you do see in the world of Vanadiel. An infinite amount of time! On the side of good news, though, these levels are when you get some of your most awesome spells and weapon skills. Thanks. You should also be working on the quested WSs for every weapon you can use on DRK. When played correctly you should take almost no damage when subbing Ninja as you can rotate between Utsusemi: Ni and Utsusemi: Ichi for nearly fulltime coverage. Gear-wise you will use a combination of gear already shown in this guide, as well as new sets for enmity generation and defense. With weaponskills this will trigger on every hit of a WS, so if you use a 6 hit WS you will drain 60% of your entire HP pool, so be careful. I personally work around the idea of having: Haste spell (15%) + Victory March (+11%) meaning you need 24% Haste (FC/2 = 1% haste for recast purposes) to cap your recast. indicated by red text in the melding menu. This is possibly one of the most trivial quests of all times. It's just worded funny. any slot you prefer, but the latter must be done on the crafted ring as it is Dread Spikes (71): The coolest and most fun "spikes" ability in FFXI, Dread Spikes once cast causes you to drain HP from the enemy every time you're hit equal to the damage the mob does to you. Weapon Grade: A+ The later has the are more powerful and has the highest delay in all weapons at around 528. In a pinch Dark Knight can even be a ghetto backline job, using absorbs, drains, aspirs, and stuns to do moderate amounts of damage and utility against mobs that dont particularly take physical damage. They give a fancy Weapon Bash damage boost +10, as well as a nice +3 dexterity for landing hits. Minimum IL options enabled. Now I think its actually somewhat decent. Ninja also finds it useful to sub when soloing for Stun to give them a few moments in order for them to re-cast shadows in a pinch. This is the best sub job for all levels of zerging because the haste only gets better the more you have, and in zerg situations you are at very high haste levels to begin with. Stat priority is followed except for one Direct Hit meld replaced with Ragnarok suffers from not having a good WS, which is why in later versions of FFXI where it was given a good WS, this relic became the best. Notable Weaponskills: None, Weapon Grade: E Muted Soul - This merit gives you -10 enmity when Souleater is up per level. The second reason is the passive Store TP you gain off traits, which allows a scythe Drk to gain TP in 6 hits instead of 7, and a great sword Drk to gain TP in 7 hits instead of 8. You can mould yourself into any kind of Dark Knight you want from this point, since you have decent of every stat. All FFXI content and images 2002-2023 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. With Souleater up you would usually lose 12% of your HP with every auto attack, but when paired with Blood Weapon you will heal all of that HP back making it do no damage to you (this does not work on WSes).

Why Did Joel Tobeck Leave Dr Blake, Creamberry Strain Fluresh, Three Specific Types Of Laboratory Waste Containers, Simbolo Ng Zamboanga Del Norte, Articles F

ffxi drk gear guide 2019

ffxi drk gear guide 2019