stobe the hobo death scenestobe the hobo death scene

If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. Stobe the hobo Stobe the hobo. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. He was 33. ._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN{margin:0;padding:0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;margin:8px 0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ.QgBK4ECuqpeR2umRjYcP2{opacity:.4}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label svg{fill:currentColor;height:20px;margin-right:4px;width:20px;-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_ svg{display:inline-block;height:12px;width:12px}._2b2iJtPCDQ6eKanYDf3Jho{-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto}._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{padding:0 12px}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:unset;line-height:16px;text-transform:unset;--textColor:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80);font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;color:var(--textColor);fill:var(--textColor);opacity:1}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F._2UlgIO1LIFVpT30ItAtPfb{--textColor:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:active,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:hover{color:var(--textColorHover);fill:var(--textColorHover)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:disabled,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[data-disabled],._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[disabled]{opacity:.5;cursor:not-allowed}._3a4fkgD25f5G-b0Y8wVIBe{margin-right:8px} 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. ._3-SW6hQX6gXK9G4FM74obr{display:inline-block;vertical-align:text-bottom;width:16px;height:16px;font-size:16px;line-height:16px} Feels weird someone you never met passed away but i'm genuinely sad about this.RIP STOBE X. I just discovered his videos because of this thread and wow! This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. Holy sad day. . /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map*/Rest In Peace Stobe, on the most interesting people to listen to. Year should not be greater than current year. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. I am in the habit of random clicking during videos such as these and on the second click, I watched him walk around the tracks in Fargo at exactly the place where I was almost run down by an early morning train when my shoe got caught in the track years ago. The reality of jumping on a train doesnt always match the easy, romantic depiction on television screens. Update 8:23am CT, Nov. 18: According to a Baltimore Police Department spokesperson, Stobies death is part of an open investigation and a police report about his death is not yet available. I've watched a few of his videos and found them interesting enough to watch. ._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} Our friend James Stobie, aka Stobe the Hobo, died Wednesday the 8th of November, 2017. Failed to remove flower. All of that stopped on October 18th, and since then no one has heard from him. Interesting guy. I don't know why I assumed he'd be older. One of the towns that he filmed, but made no comments on, I'm pretty sure was my hometown, Bismarck ND. IE 11 is not supported. According to some reports, his bag became tangled in the Amtrak train and he was dragged to his death. Author: bbethmann. "People who go on the tracks without permission. He was talented as well, but in all fairness most of his tracks were covers of other bands, and many of his instrumentals suffered from aggressive gain resulting in harsh and distorted sound. Stobe was an artist and played the piano for all his videos. ._3oeM4kc-2-4z-A0RTQLg0I{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between} His folks are having a private service for close friends and family in a few days but they are planning a large celebration of life in January for fellow riders, pals, and fans of his video adventures. We need more people like him in this world. He drank like a fish while hopping trains. He'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done. Ride easy, Stobe. In addition to that, he of course was incredibly free and adventurous. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. She cut off all her hair and disguised herself successfully as a boy. To use this feature, use a newer browser. Please read "The Rules" and strictly follow them. Stobe, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqCmZx0Kug. When I was in college, long ago, one of my professors had hopped the rails cross country to get to California during the Depression for a job in the fields. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. If more people in this world could see just 2% of the places Stobe did then I'm sure we'd all be a little nicer to one another, I'm a little richer in my life for having see his videos and these views from his seat. .Rd5g7JmL4Fdk-aZi1-U_V{transition:all .1s linear 0s}._2TMXtA984ePtHXMkOpHNQm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;margin-bottom:4px}.CneW1mCG4WJXxJbZl5tzH{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:none;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:middle;margin-bottom:2px;margin-left:4px;cursor:pointer}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover ._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{display:inline-block}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs{border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B.IeceazVNz_gGZfKXub0ak,._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk{margin-top:25px;left:-9px}._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:focus-within,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:hover{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border:none;padding:8px 8px 0}._25yWxLGH4C6j26OKFx8kD5{display:inline}._2YsVWIEj0doZMxreeY6iDG{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;padding:4px 6px}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;margin-left:auto;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg,._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq{font-weight:700;color:#ff4500;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:4px}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq,.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-weight:400;-ms-flex-preferred-size:100%;flex-basis:100%;margin-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX{margin-top:6px}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._3MAHaXXXXi9Xrmc_oMPTdP{margin-top:4px} This group is for Stobe related content from Stobe fans, there are lots of groups for riders and foamers to post things about trains and your personal trips. train hopping accident in Baltimore yesterday. There is a problem with your email/password. Sorry! Hitchhikers / Trainhoppers / Rubbertramps / Vandwellers / Skoolies / Backpackers / Biketramps / Boatpunks / Dirty Kids / Crustpunks / Squatters / All Houseless Travelers Add to your scrapbook. ._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa{margin-top:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._3EpRuHW1VpLFcj-lugsvP_{color:inherit}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa svg._31U86fGhtxsxdGmOUf3KOM{color:inherit;fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._2mk9m3mkUAeEGtGQLNCVsJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit} Service was not interruted because they didn' find him until the next morning. I hitchhiked around the country many times in the early 70's after I got out of the Army and only stopped when I got the call from Conrail. James William Stobie gained considerable notoriety during his all too short life of thirty-three years as a filmmaker who self-produced documentary styled videos portraying life as a rail riding traveler-- AKA 'Stobe the Hobo." At various times he both mocked and praised those who longed to follow in his footsteps. James Stobie was the most famous train-hopping hobo on the internet. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Thanks for the link DA, and enjoyed all the comments. Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. Mostly, Stobie wanted to be seen and heard. "Just last year Subaru released an ad that had a couple riding in a box car, and we actually wrote them to let them know that idolizing train hopping is very detrimental and they did end up adding a disclaimer and removing the ad," Snipe said. ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{margin-bottom:8px;position:relative}._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq._3-0c12FCnHoLz34dQVveax{max-height:63px;overflow:hidden}._1zPvgKHteTOub9dKkvrOl4{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word}._1dp4_svQVkkuV143AIEKsf{-ms-flex-align:baseline;align-items:baseline;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);bottom:-2px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap;padding-left:2px;position:absolute;right:-8px}._5VBcBVybCfosCzMJlXzC3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI{position:relative;background-color:0;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);border:0;padding:0 8px}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:before{content:"";position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:9999px;background:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);opacity:0}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:hover:before{opacity:.08}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus{outline:none}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus:before{opacity:.16}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI._2Z_0gYdq8Wr3FulRLZXC3e:before,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:active:before{opacity:.24}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:disabled,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[data-disabled],._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[disabled]{cursor:not-allowed;filter:grayscale(1);background:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50)}._2ZTVnRPqdyKo1dA7Q7i4EL{transition:all .1s linear 0s}.k51Bu_pyEfHQF6AAhaKfS{transition:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:block;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);border-radius:4px;padding:8px;margin-bottom:12px;margin-top:8px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-canvas);cursor:pointer}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:focus{outline:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK._3GG6tRGPPJiejLqt2AZfh4{transition:none;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO{cursor:pointer;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid transparent;border-radius:4px;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO:hover ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button);padding:4px}._1YvJWALkJ8iKZxUU53TeNO{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._3jyKpErOrdUDMh0RFq5V6f{-ms-flex:100%;flex:100%}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v,._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._3zTJ9t4vNwm1NrIaZ35NS6{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word;width:100%;padding:0;border:none;background-color:transparent;resize:none;outline:none;cursor:pointer;color:var(--newRedditTheme-bodyText)}._2JIiUcAdp9rIhjEbIjcuQ-{resize:none;cursor:auto}._2I2LpaEhGCzQ9inJMwliNO,._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{display:inline-block;margin-left:4px;vertical-align:middle}._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;margin-bottom:2px} Stobe didnt commit suicide he just got complacent riding. Trains are parked in a rail yard on New York's west side used by Amtrak, New Jersey Transit and the Long Island Railroad on Nov. 1, 2011. hopping freight trains in videos posted online, report from the Congressional Research Service. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLooFWMJbNy6HbqeniUS1wCYG5agvf5vnT, https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/stobe-the-hobo-dath/, The Great (and may I add) SOVEREIGN State of TEXAS. James Stobie (October 23, 1984 - November 9, 2017 [aged 33]), better known online as hobestobe, also known as Stobe the Hobo, was an American YouTuber known for his train hopping videos. After watching a couple of hours of this guy traipsing around mostly on gondola cars, I wanted to get back to see what other people thought about it. Catch you on the . Learn more about merges. The majority of train fatalities continue to occur because of trespassing, and education efforts have not stopped trespassing deaths from reaching a 10-year high. By the time you get up to three or four miles an hour thats scary. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. Another good tramp rides the westbound. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} But now with a few years separating her from her last ride, Hayes noted that while freight hopping is increasingly prevalent, a giant hunk of steel moving at high speeds is clearly very dangerous. Sign up for service and obituary updates. He may be gone but in his time he managed to see more of America and it's hidden gems then 90% of the people today, he got to see true absolute beauty from the best view. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. His bag became tangled in the Amtrak train and he was dragged to his death.. Except that Stobie, aka Stobe the Hobo, made . I was the brain dead retard person. Goes to show you how dangerous life on the rails can be. His accomplishments were many, but his time here on earth encompassed so much more than that. I'm kind of surprised because getting caught on a rail bridge with an approaching train doesn't sound like something he'd do.. Just in the comments here I've seen speculation of multiple different causes of this guy's not being with us any longer. But the danger also extends to those who enjoy riding the rails like Stobe, an activity that is growing in popularity. I loved having his videos on while I worked in my creepy corporate job and dream about seeing the world the way he saw it. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Hitchhikers / Trainhoppers / Rubbertramps / Vandwellers / Skoolies / Backpackers / Biketramps / Boatpunks / Dirty Kids / Crustpunks / Squatters / All Houseless Travelers Till then you will be missed. A specific instance would be dismounting while fatigued and blitzed, wiping out and watching a wheel go two inches from my face., As his online obituaryreads, To some he will become a legend through his lifes work and to others he will be fondly remembered solely for his quirky yet lovable self as evidenced by his humor, fierce wit, compassion, dead-pan delivery, solicited and unsolicited commentary on just about anything, unbridled passion for unconventional living, mad piano skills, the enormous talent that he generously shared with all whose lives he intersected with, and countless other things. We miss him but, at least for me, seeing the impact he had for the greater good helps ease the hurt a little. Press J to jump to the feed. Had a real objective perspective on society. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? RIP Jim Reply Western_Leadership Press J to jump to the feed. But Stobie was entertaining in his exasperation and his nonstop quest to procure cheap beer. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. Apparently his backpack may may have tangled with an Amtrak train and dragged him to his death. .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} He was from Colorado but had been in the Coast Guard in my old town, Seattle, and sometimes hung out up there. Date: 11/21/17 14:54. To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. I've been reading Jack Kerouac traveling stories and this guy seams cut from the same mold. Please enjoy. He broke things down and made everything sound so simple for the common YouTube watcher, Stobe knew so much about rail lines and I was absolutely blown away by how he was able to read the trains by identifying the company logos on the side and using a process of elimination on where they might be going. This memorial has been copied to your clipboard. He was the beloved Son of Michael J Stobie (Thornton) and Mary Stobie Lechman (Wheat Ridge); Brother of Lily Ribeiro; Brother in law to Wagner Ribeiro ; Uncle to Noah and Bianca Ribeiro Longmont); Grandson of Marilyn Stobie (Ukiah, California); Nephew to Timothy Stobie (Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts) and Catherine Stobie (Fort Bragg, California); and a cherished friend to many (the World). The Baltimore Police Department did not respond to a Daily Dot request for comment. Reddits Home for HOUSELESS Travelers! I am not that much of a railfan and certainly not a train hopper to know if there is an adversarial relationship or not. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. Lis suosikkeihin Ilmianna. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. There are some curious moments on video where I think an accomplished interviewer could have paused and coaxed some interesting dialog from Stobe. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. Yes, I've watched a lot of Stobe's videos over the past year. He was trapped on a bridge with an on coming Amtrak train, and while he got to the side of the bridge the best he could, the train caught his backpack and and pulled him into the train. I never could figure him out, but I liked his tours of the towns he was stuck in. Nice to see Barb Stout recognized her old "stomping grounds". Try again later. Stobe attack RIP now Im sad. This includes both TOURISTS, TROLLS, and FAKE TRAVELERS! redneckhippie. Our friend James Stobie, aka Stobe the Hobo, died Wednesday the 8th of November, 2017. Phil McCausland / Federal Railroad Administration. Thank You Stobe See ya down the line some day. Can anyone on here "name that tune"? In an early part of my career I had to get on and off trains that were slow moving, said Zarembski. "He died doing what he. It wasn't like he was some clueless newbie. Failed to report flower. Except that Stobie, aka Stobe the Hobo, made YouTube videos about his experiences, hopping trains to move around the country for the pure fun of it. "Stobe the Hobo" Seattle, Washington / Thornton, Colorado October 23, 1984 - November 8, 2017 Gone But Not Forgotten Stobe touched many lives with his YouTube videos of his train hopping experiences and will continue to touch lives as new people discover his videos. I watched his videos and found them to be interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdvolvkzJQM. Damn, I'm glad DA liked my like. I have always had a wanderlust and was fascinated by that guy (RIP). He was trapped on a bridge with an on coming Amtrak train, and while he got to the side of the bridge the best he could, the train caught his backpack and and pulled him into the train. Weve updated the security on the site. based on information from your browser. ._1aTW4bdYQHgSZJe7BF2-XV{display:-ms-grid;display:grid;-ms-grid-columns:auto auto 42px;grid-template-columns:auto auto 42px;column-gap:12px}._3b9utyKN3e_kzVZ5ngPqAu,._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP:before{content:"";margin-right:4px;color:#46d160}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-weight:500}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-weight:400;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO ._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(2),._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px} Can anyone on here "name that tune"? A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His remains were apparently found much later by passers by. Cause death for stobie hobo we was multi trama due to accident I talked to the corner 410 in baltimore rip Stobe the camera man 2 Curtismccorkel 5 yr. ago I told him about the drop pack wait it out why rush 2 Colorado_love 5 yr. ago If you were there then you should notify the authorities in Baltimore. Some community members feel Stobie was too skilled to have died while train-hopping and suspect foul play. Feel free to share stories and pictures about your adventures on the road, or share advice and tips with newbie greenhorns, and curious lurkers! It means he rides around from place to place, stowing away on board trains. Even though strange, the guy was unique and far more talented than you give credit. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. His videos demonstrated a wealth of operational knowledge but there were also countless instances of extremely poor decision making and blatantly dangerous behavior, some of which he acknowledged and others which he ignored or glossed over. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. There was an error deleting this problem. The CRS study concluded that "there is no dedicated program devoted to rail trespass prevention analogous" to those dedicated to rail crossing deaths, a one-time major killer that education programs have helped drastically decrease. I've seen some pros and seen some tyros. According to these folks Stobe was crossing a railroad bridge in the Baltimore, MD, area with his usual gigantic backpack when an Amtrak train approached rather quickly leaving Jim no other option then to try to get as far from the outside track as possible, quickly. His mom, Mary, had quite a life herself and most recently writes syndicated newspaper columns. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. He rode the rails in a way that was reminiscent of a desperate man searching for work at every city he could find during the Great Depression. I'll see you one day, Stobie Wan Kenobie. Maybe not so much after watching his videos and reading this morning that he was drug to death by a Amtrak. If you've never seen a Stobe video I've included a playlist below. Too bad he died so young and in what appears to have been a pretty horrific way to go. Damn. Stobie died earlier this month while train-hopping, and though it's unclear exactly what occurred, his fans on this Facebook memorial page are distraught at his death. Register today and take advantage of membership benefits. "Trespassers are people who are on the tracks illegally," said Dr. Allan Zarembski, director of the University of Delaware's Railroad Engineering and Safety Program. Learn more about managing a memorial . Are you sure that you want to delete this photo? Remembering Stobe the Hobo, Jim ( James) Stobie You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. Thanks for your help! He's been train-hopping off and on for about 11 years, and he frames his. I wouldn't have created a thread about Stobe if I didn't think he was interesting and unique.

Muffins With Self Raising Flour And Oil, Unitypoint Lgbtq Clinic, Tyler Hynes Play Piano, Articles S

stobe the hobo death scene

stobe the hobo death scene