colt police positive grip adaptercolt police positive grip adapter

Required fields are marked *. Dark Brown ($25.00) For the best fit, as you tighten the grip screw, be sure to hold the adapter tightly against the wood grips and against the curve of the frame above and behind the trigger guard. Colt Post '66 Cobra and Detective Special Grips ; Police Positive Revolver Grips ; Colt Anaconda & Colt King Cobra Grips ; New Service Colt 1917 ; 2019 King Cobra Revolver Grips ; Colt Semi-Auto Grips . They wont expand much, but theyll go the distance. If recoil is the concern, theyre a great choice. Make deliberate, informed choices regarding the loads you stake your life on (and thats by no means limited to the .38 cartridge).. The target stocks made grip adapters unnecessary, and as they became more popular in the 60s and 70s, the market for grip adapters began to fall off. Unfortunately, the HSTs profile makes it a bad choice as a reload. The Python but I havent ever been wealthy enough to own enough of them to worry about! Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Red ($25.00) No substitutions or transfers to third parties allowed. (above, left) Winchester-Western 150-grain Metal Piercing (right) and the original Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, State Agency: Contest void where prohibited by law. Glad you gave them a try, and I really appreciate the valuable feedback on them! On the plus side, when I found a better set of grips than what came on the gun, found out the T-Grip also fit the Ruger Security Six just as well, and vastly improved those tiny little slivers of wood they used. One customer reports the K adapter can be made to fit a USFA Bisley and a Beretta Bisley, but ti takes some filing to get everything snugged up well to the frame and grip surfaces. MSRP: $550.00. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Army Green ($25.00). Nevada Department of Wildlife, State Agency: I think the adapters accomplish this well, but with a big hand like mine, things can feel a little crowded behind the trigger guard, particularly with the smaller D-Frame Colts and J-Frame Smith & Wessons. Grips #3549G ($41.50), Screw Kit #7190 ($16.00), Triple K Manufacturing Co. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM March 2022, P.O. For more recent exchange rates, please use the. Colt police Positive Grips $20.00 + $5.85 shipping Lot of 2 Pachmayr Grip Adapters for Revolvers , Unknown Fit $15.00 + $5.00 shipping Ace trigger screw and poly grip adapter-Colt D-frame, Agent Detective special Free shipping Hover to zoom Have one to sell? Postage is in addition to the cost of the adapter(s). They have also been checked and fit properly on a Detective Special with the short grip frame the lower clip engages the frame, and does not interfere with the segments of the grip panels that wrap under the bottom of the frame. Pennsylvania Game Commission, State Agency: About the Colt Official Police Revolver Deployed military should use stateside address. The adapters for S&W models work equally well on round and square butt frames. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. The hammer just kisses the web of my hand when it comes back and I can actuate the trigger with only the last joint of my finger moving. Colt 1911 grips Proffessional Target made of walnut wood. This page was last updated: 04-Mar 21:26. While this is way off topic, the only .38 +P hollow points I shoot anymore are Federal HST 130gr. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners. Associated taxes and fees are the responsibility of winners. These skinny grip frames didnt give much purchase to control the gun during recoil, and they also didnt work very well for shooters with normal-to-large sized hands, who quickly ran out of space to put all their digits. C $73.55 + C $84.11 shipping. Colt Police Positive Grips Does Not Fit Police Positive Special (Special is Larger). Too many options in this cartridge offer pretty inconsistent performance from what Ive seen, which is a large part of the reason Ive moved away from carrying a .38. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. Senior Member . By 1970, Colt had made 400,000 Ops a whole lot of Colt anythings. Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection, State Agency: Also like the Pachmayer (sp?) To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Youre probably not going to enjoy next weeks post, Im going to do a 10 foot, 158 gr shoot-off soon with wadcutters, Hornady std. Great penetration. They closely followed the lines of the skinny frames, giving nothing extra to hang onto. It printed low at 25 yards and results while certainly service-gun adequate was not match-grade from either gun. ), PAYMENTS ARE BY PAYPAL ONLY. Score one for the grip adapter. Its a neat way to carry on the RevolverGuy tradition! The Police Positive (below) (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Although the actual MSRP differential in 1968 was around 34 bucks, shelling out an additional 65 bucks over the OPs asking price would get you a Python! Three of them went with the Smith M10. FITTING IN GENERAL: Remember that these devices are designed to be used with traditional service or Magna grip panels which leave the front strap exposed. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. . 3 7/32 long x 1 1/2 wide across center of screw hole Note bobbed hammer spur. From what I have seen and read this is one load that reliably expands and penetrates at least 12 out of a snub, even through clothing. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: GUNS Magazine, GOM Old West 2023, PO Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. Im with ya, Ace. Iridescent Ivory ($25.00) No purchase necessary. You can check this thread for for the discussion that accompanied the initial testing of the K frame adapters on various guns, and for photos of the fit on various K and N frame guns: http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/200044-bk-grip-adapters-square-butt-k-frame-prototypers-wanted.html. Deployed military should use stateside address. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. North Dakota Game & Fish Department, State Agency: I get a copy of the confirmation, along with another email advising me of the order itself, and a third advising of payment. Notifications . Presentation grips; just right on the Security Six and Speed Six for my stubby little digits. Good, low recoil option. These grips also fit the Colt Commando. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if required) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. When they first came out, I didnt care for the looks, but after several decades of manufacturers putting nothing but black rubber on their guns, I think theyre downright handsome. Grip Pin. The first was from a cherished box of the original Super-Vel Police 110-grain JHP we decided to sacrifice in the interests of ballistic curiosity. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. Accuracy at 25 yards was excellent from the Colt and more than acceptable from the Smith. Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, State Agency: Grips #3553G ($41.50), Screw Kit #7194 ($16.00), Colt Authentic Hardware Kit #7811 ($16.00), Triple K Manufacturing Co. There are now 25 states with so-called Constitutional carry and Florida appears to be approaching permitless carry, which translates to more citizens S&W Set The Bar For Magnum Handgun Performance 50 Years Ago. October 19, 2012, 06:30 PM #7: Winchester_73. Both report that the adapter fits just fine. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. The Pre-1940 Colt version is what you see illustrated in this article. Orangish Brown ($25.00) Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. Add to My Saved Parts. The early guns have a cylinder which is ~1.25 long, while the later, larger guns have a cylinder which is ~1.56 long. Designed by RaC Agencia. (I) Giveaway ends February 28, 2023. You can check this thread for the discussion that went on during initial development of these adapters, and for photos of the fit on various J frame guns: http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/195543-bk-grip-adapters.html, FITTING FOR S&W K, L and N FRAMES: The larger S&W adapter was made for square butt K frames. Colts OP (top) is built on the .41 caliber I-Frame. Illinois Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Aside from these reasons, Im pretty certain Smith just did a better job of marketing their revolvers to the LE community. He also advised that the Beretta grips fit nearly perfectly on a Colt Bisley, so presumably a K adapter could be made to fit a Colt as well. Charcoal Grey ($25.00) The Smith & Wesson grip adapter had two blued steel plates which fit under the stock panels, and held a rubber filler in place (which was secured to the plates by a screw) in the area forward of the front strap and behind the trigger guard. Plain vanilla .38 Specials generally employed a 158-grain bullet with an initial velocity of 800900 fps but there were a couple of hotshot invigorated options, of course. It was designed primarily for sale to federal, state or local law enforcement agencies. These are the standard grips with the stylized C around the screw hole. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, Colt Hard Rubber Grips Colt Police Positive, Jay Scott Colt Police Positive Black Pearl Mahogany Revolver Grips Screw Handgun, Grips Factory Wood Colt D Frame (Long) Police Positive Etc Revolver (p23), New wood Grips For Colt D frame Short butt DIAMOND BACK Police positive, Colt Police Positive Mother of Pearl Grips & Screw-J7f, New reproductive Grips For Colt D frame Short butt DIAMOND BACK Police positive, Colt Python,Official Police,Officer's Grips, VINTAGE FACTORY COLT POLICE POSITIVE GRIPS SUPER RARE, COLT OFFICIAL POLICE & MARSHAL FACTORY CHECKERED WOOD ROUND BUTT GRIP NICE RARE, Colt Factory early Police Positive (Special) Medallion Wood Grips US Sales Only, Colt Police Positive Special 4 Barrel 32 Colt -Blued (C20), COLT POLICE POSITIVE CUSTOM GRIPS W/SCREW USED G.C. Anyhow, my finalists for a pocket revolver are a vintage S&W 649 .38 (stainless, no lock), an SP101 snub DAO hammer, or a Kimber K6S. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Contest open to U.S. residents only. Ive recently found myself in need of pocket-carry once/week when I visit a friend in a rough neighborhood. The Smith & Wesson Model 29 is the sixgun by which all other .44 Magnums are judged. The Colt Police Positive is a small-frame, double-action revolver features a six-round cylinder. Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Despite that wide trigger this may prove to be good in double action for me. The M10s grip is more amenable to a wider range of hand sizes. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Arkansas Game & Fish Commission, State Agency: But if the Official Police is ever resurrected, its unlikely to be in its classic format. Deployed military should use stateside address. $3.81. On other revolvers, youre right Mike, factory target or custom Roper style handles are fantastic. You should be able to find a pair that fits your needs. This was the design intent of the target stocks popularized by Roper in the 1930s. View cart for details. Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Factory warranties may apply in some cases. These are the standard grips with the stylized "C" around the screw hole. Grip Screw Nut, New. If you do not have a PayPal account and dont want to set one up, all I can suggest is that you find a friend who has an account and ask them to order for you. Medallions are not included or installed unless ordered. Indeed, Mike. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Tan ($25.00) Put some on the Model 66 issue gun BITD, got the attention of the lieutenant (an administrative type, not much of a street cop). Colt Police Positive 38 Special Revolver Parts Kit . Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, State Agency: It was introduced in 1907 and was produced until 1973. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Ace. Were talking primary sidearm here, not just as a backup or small-frame plainclothes tool. Pretty in Pink ($25.00) Add to My Saved Parts. No substitutions or transfers to third parties allowed. It was Peter Paul Mausers legendary autopistol that earned the sobriquet of broomhandle in this era for its unusual grip, but the Hand Ejectors didnt lag far behind in terms of poor ergonomics. Massachusetts Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, State Agency: The hotter loads can be a handful in these guns. WOuld be great for my police positive. If you want one of those and dont see it on the Order page, it means that particular item is out of stock. The Police Positive Special was a Police Positive with a stretched and reinforced frame to accommodate more powerful cartridges, specifically the .32-20 and .38 Special. Deployed military should use stateside address. In my S&W 638, any +P load is too muchI would just carry wadcutters in that gunno expansion but they do cut a full caliber wound channel and definitely penetrate enough. Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department, State Agency: Neither sprung fully formed as is. The Official Polices manufacturing run was a lengthy one from 1908 to 1969. RELATED STORY The rate is for as many adapters as will fit in a single box (which is at least 10 but may be as many as 12). You might try modifying one for a Colt, to see if that works? The Police Positive Special was the model that Colt would use for all small frame revolvers up until the last of them were discontinued in 1995. Particularly when it comes to the .38 snub, you cant just grab any random hollow point load off the shelf at the store and assume its going to do what its supposed to. Some calibers can expand well and still penetrate deeply, but the .38 Special is not one of them, and if it was, you wouldnt want to shoot it in a snubby anyhow. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Close. You might find something at their website. Your 649 could really benefit from an adapter, or a set of boot grips, for your CCW pocket carry mission. Mike Wood is a bonafide revolver nut, a handgun, shotgun, and patrol rifle-certified law enforcement firearms instructor, and the author of Newhall Shooting: A Tactical Analysis, the definitive study of the infamous, 1970 California Highway Patrol shootout in Newhall, California. Orange ($25.00) The Colt Police Positive Special was the Police Positive with a lengthened frame and cylinder to allow using longer, more powerful cartridges like the .38 Special. I dress for the gun and cover the hammer with my thumb, practicing a lot drawing it. We had Hogue Monogrips on the Taurus for years (these vintage 85s are actually good shooters) and the CT did not change things much. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Contest void where prohibited by law. SKU: 3553G/7194. Model 3S Small Shipping Show Details Orders $75 and over ship for FREE in Contiguous USA ( see restrictions ). Deep Red ($25.00) No purchase necessary. If anyone ever asked me to pick the two .38 Special service revolvers epitomizing the struggle for primacy in the LE market, they would have to be Colts Official Police (OP) and Smith & Wessons Model 10. This survives in the "Python". Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. FITTING FOR COLT D FRAMES: The D adapters are tested for fit on a Detective Special with the long grip frame where the frame is visible all the way around the grip panels. Thus, youre stuck with the default wood magna grips, since none of the aftermarket K-Frame grips will fit. Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, State Agency: pressure XTP, and some Buffalo Bore short-barrel, standard pressure .38s with the LSWC-HC bullet. The K-Frame models coming along (and in some cases, gone) in the last 50 years Models 15, 19, 13, 14, 66, 65 to name a few are all essentially Model 10s at their core. Either gun served in both capacities admirably during their heyday. It was a break-front holster. No purchase necessary. As a result, I like the adapters better on the medium-frame guns (like the Smith & Wesson K-Frames) where they fill my hand better, without pushing fingers off the bottom of the gun, or making it feel crowded by the trigger guard. Might be easier to just buy some other grips from RIA. The grip adapters fill the area underneath the frame and behind the trigger guard, where the gun rests on your middle finger. They are made for guns after 1941. Looking to the loud end, the 4 barrel of our M10 micd .660 at the rear to .539 at the front, a more substantive taper than the OPs .660 to .603. Its an interesting setup, but reminds me of Jim Higginbothams dictum that we all must find our own salvation. I personally dont like the hooked grip option (Barami, DeSantis, Rogers all make a version, and Im probably missing others) because I think it sacrifices security, allows the weapon to shift around (sacrificing consistency in the drawstroke), and makes it harder to establish a good firing grip. All are heavy guns but thats what works for me currently with a Taurus 85 with Crimson Trace Grips. I have the impression that Vaquero grip frames may be different, at least some of them may be, but have no specific information. Those rubber and wood GP grips are the best factory originals Ive ever wrapped my mitts around. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. These adapters did the same job, however, and filled the gap behind the trigger guard. Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, State Agency: Looks very retro and is a big improvement. More Information; Manufacturer: Colt: Model: Police Positive. MI16-1 Colt Police Positive Siberian Mammoth Ivory Grips. Purchase A PDF Download Of The GUNS Magazine March 2021 Issue Now! Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism, State Agency: Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. (Sorry about that.) The S&W M10 (top) and Colt Official Police (bottom) were the I can definitely see that. White ($25.00) Iowa Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Contest void where prohibited by law. The Police Positive Special double action revolver was made in various calibers and variations from 1907 until 1973. I do use Tyler grip adaptors on a couple of revolvers and have always considered them to be a good option for some applications. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); // ]]> http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/195543-bk-grip-adapters.html, http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/200044-bk-grip-adapters-square-butt-k-frame-prototypers-wanted.html. Orders $75 and over ship for FREE in Contiguous USA (see restrictions). To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Alaska Department of Fish & Game, State Agency: Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, State Agency: The old Pachmayr units lacked finger grooves, but both the Tyler and BK Grips products incorporate a single finger groove on the front, to aid in control. Im a little leery of the 90 grain Critical Defense load and would actually prefer to run 148 grain wadcutters instead, for a light load. Made in various calibers and variations 1927 1969. If you search around on the internet, you canstill find some old Pachmayr units without the finger groove, if you really want them. Sell now Shop with confidence eBay Money Back Guarantee Black plastic grip adaptor with retaining clip. New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Light Grey ($25.00) As a result, your grasp on the gun is shifted downwards on the frame.

Chicago Electric Miter Saw Parts Diagram, Clarke Cartwright Abbey, Program Headquarters 33 N Garden Ave, Clearwater, Fl, Articles C

colt police positive grip adapter

colt police positive grip adapter